By Laura M. Borgelt, Pharm.D, FCCP, BCPS; Karim Anton Calis, Pharm.D., MPH, FASHP, FCCP; Mary Beth O'Connell, Pharm.D., BCPS, FASHP, FCCP; and Judith A. Smith, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCOP
2010; 866 pages; softbound
P1947; ISBN: 978-1-58528-194-7 9781585281947
Just as diseases affect women and men differently, so do drugs. Yet there has never been a comprehensive pharmacotherapy reference focused on women and women’s health until now. Women’s Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach is a groundbreaking publication, a unique primary reference developed to help educate pharmacy students, pharmacists and other health care professionals in an area of deservedly growing interest and importance. This new book contains contributions from more than 150 clinical experts in pharmacy, medicine and nursing and is edited by nationally recognized educators and researchers.
Designed as a contemporary educational text, Women’s Health Across the Lifespan is also an authoritative, hands-on resource for experienced practitioners. The work comprises 49 peer-reviewed chapters organized into eight sections, resulting in an in-depth examination of every aspect of women’s health from a pharmacotherapy perspective.
Each chapter begins with clearly stated learning objectives and is logically arranged for ease of use and readability:
- Intriguing case presentations encourage thoughtful clinical evaluation.
- Therapeutic challenges stimulate critical thinking and discussion.
- Numerous tables illustrate information and list resources.
- Sidebars spotlight interesting ancillary information.
- Related information and references are available online, hyperlinked to original texts of cited articles.
More About This Product
You Might Also Like...