This widely used text uses a case-based approach to help students master the fundamentals of drug therapeutics. Students will learn the basics of common diseases and disorders and develop practical problem-solving skills for devising and implementing successful drug treatment regimens. Case studies integrated into each chapter illustrate key concepts and principles of therapeutics and give students practice in developing their own evidence-based therapeutic plans.
- Chapter on Nutrition and Patient Assessment (Ch. 35)
- Arthritic Disorders (Section 9, Chs. 43-46) expanded from 3 to 4 chapters to break out and increase coverage of osteoarthritis
- Women's Health (Section 10, Chs. 47-51) expanded from 4 to 5 chapters to break out and increase coverage of infertility
- Neurologic Disorders (Section 13, Chs. 55-59) expanded from 4 to 5 chapters to break out and increase coverage of multiple sclerosis
- ?Neoplastic Disorders (Section 17, Chs. 89-96) totally reworked/expanded? (from 5 chs. in 9e to 7 chs. in 10e)
- Pediatrics (Section 18, Chs. 97-101) reworked to expand on pediatric pharmacotherapy, care of the critically ill child, and pediatric fluid/electrolytes
- Core Principles section at beginning of each chapter states the most important take-away information from that chapter and indicates which case(s) exemplify each of the core principles
- Online Content feature located throughout the chapter points out ancillary content (videos, PPTs, PPTs with narration, audio files, full-color images, animations, additional content) that can be found on the companion SRC. Many of these assets are author-created.
- Attractive, market-tested, updated design more clearly distinguishes cases from surrounding text
- 2-color art program makes art more attractive and gives it a consistent look throughout the book
- Key References and Websites list at end of chapter helps readers focus on the most important references to consult (full reference lists for each chapter are located online)
Case studies integrated into each chapter illustrate key concepts and principles of therapeutics and give students practice in developing their own evidence-based therapeutic plans. Students learn the basics of the disease and then learn how to think as clinicians in approaching the drug treatment of the disease.
All chapters completely updated and revised to incorporate the latest drug treatments and therapeutic practices and guidelines. Over 850 tables provide quick access to comparative drug information, pharmacokinetic properties, treatment options, dosing guidelines, risk factors, and disease and diagnosis information. Contributors are all leading clinicians with many years of evidence-based care, the case studies reflect their experiences.
Bulk discounts do not apply.
Not available to order through ASHP outside the U.S.