Back to Competence Assessment Tools for Health-System Pharmacies, 5th Edition
Since its original publication, Competence Assessment Tools for Health-System Pharmacies has continued to meet the changing needs of pharmacy directors and their staff. The fifth edition is a necessary addition to every pharmacy’s resources.
This edition has many changes and updates to meet current guidelines and new standards, such as the following:
- 10 new competencies created by subject matter experts
- A crosswalk guide identifying competencies appropriate for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Updated competencies on compounding sterile preparations and compounding hazardous drugs to reflect current USP requirements and the addition of study guides
- Expanded information on the revised Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard
- Updated information about safe injection practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Updated confidentiality and patients’ rights chapter to reflect current legislation
- Updated pharmaceutical care competencies to reflect current practice
All-new chapters in the fifth edition include:
- Aminoglycoside dosing
- Educating the pharmacy staff
- Parenteral anticoagulant therapy
- Oral anticoagulant therapy
- Medication dosing in hepatic dysfunction
- Compounding nonsterile preparations
- Four chapters specific to pharmacy technicians on age-specific competencies
In addition to helping pharmacy directors and staff provide more informed patient care and meet The Joint Commission accreditation standards, the new fifth edition gives you peace of mind that your pharmacy has access to the most up-to-date resources available.
As with past editions, the fifth edition also includes a companion CD with PDF files of the competencies and MS Word documents of the job descriptions.