Back to Preceptor's Handbook for Pharmacists, Third Edition
Being a preceptor is hard work. Let ASHP help you become a great leader with the new Preceptor's Handbook for Pharmacists, Third Edition, by Lourdes Cuéllar and Diane Ginsburg. You'll quickly get up to speed on helping students and residents prepare to become effective pharmacists and master patient care.
This updated guide will show you how to:
- Integrate pharmacy students and residents into your practice
- Improve essential communication, teaching, and leadership skills
- Motivate and challenge students, set expectations, and acknowledge and understand generational issues and perspectives
- Establish a professional attitude and bearing in your students
- Develop your students' cultural competency
- Grasp essential teaching skills fundamental to your students' success
- Master the administrative detail of being a pharmacy preceptor
- Understand the skills needed to mentor pharmacy residents and those in fellowships
In the changing world of pharmacy practice, the need for effective preceptors to help prepare both students and residents has never been greater. The Preceptor's Handbook for Pharmacists remains the go-to, authoritative resource for both new and experienced pharmacy preceptors. When you are a preceptor, you create a lifelong impact on young pharmacists.