With extensive updated information on everything from treatment of chronic pain to management of HIV infection in pediatric patients, AHFS Drug Information®, 2019 Edition is a necessary addition to your pharmacy’s resources.
With content supported by nearly 90,000 references and incorporating the advice of numerous subject matter experts, AHFS DI helps you protect your patients and your practice. The only print compendium designated by the U.S. Congress, AHFS DI 2019 is also the only reference published by a professional and scientific society—ensuring it is the most authoritative and best-selling reference trusted by pharmacists for over 60 years.
AHFSI DI contains the most trustworthy drug information available—all in one place. It is the most comprehensive evidence-based source of drug information complete with therapeutic guidelines and off-label uses.
Updates for this edition include:
- Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year
- Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for treatment of fungal infections (such as Candida auris infections) and chronic hepatitis C
- Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA’s accelerated approval program
- Dedicated coverage to orphan products
- Interactions, adverse reactions, and cautions, including ongoing revisions addressing opiate safety issues and their role in pain management
- Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research
- Extensive dosage and administration information
- Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Prescription, OTC, ophthalmic and dermatologic drugs
- Extensive off-label uses and related dosing options
- Vaccines and other immunizing agents, including recommendations for travelers
Learn more about related resources, electronic only monographs, and AHFS Clinical Drug Information at ahfsdruginformation.com.