The Most Comprehensive Set of Quality Guidelines Available to the Pharmacy Profession
ASHP positions and more than 80 ASHP guidance documents of varying scope that provide ongoing advice to practitioners and health systems to help improve the medication-use process, patient care and safety, and patient outcomes and quality of life.
- ASHP Statements
- ASHP Guidelines
- Technical Assistance Bulletins
- Therapeutic Position Statements
- Therapeutic Guidelines
- ASHP-Endorsed Documents
New or revised material in this edition includes:
- ASHP Statement on the Use of Artificial Intelligence in Pharmacy
- ASHP Guidelines on Emergency Medicine Pharmacist Services
- ASHP Guidelines on Medication-Use Evaluation
- ASHP Guidelines on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and the Formulary System
- ASHP Therapeutic Position Statement on the Use of Antipsychotic Medications in the Treatment of Adults with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder
- ASHP Therapeutic Position Statement on Therapeutic Monitoring of Vancomycin for Serious Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infections: A Revised Consensus Guideline and Review
- Position Paper on Critical Care Pharmacy Services: 2020 Update
- Principles for COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution, Allocation, and Mass Immunization
More than half a century ago, ASHP developed its earliest proposed practice standard—the Proposed Minimum Standards for Pharmacies in Hospitals.
Today, ASHP continues to foster concrete improvements in pharmacy practice and in the therapeutic use of drugs with its annual compilation of ASHP guidance documents: ASHP Best Practices. These guidance documents have stimulated improvements in pharmacy practice and operations, influenced accreditation standards, laws, and regulations (both in the United States and in other countries), and contributed to an awareness among consumers and policymakers of the vital patient care role of pharmacists.