Everything students and pharmacy technicians need to master pharmacology and become experienced and proficient practitioners.
The second edition includes the latest material on the principles of pharmacology, biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics. Throughout the book, anatomy and physiology are discussed in relation to various disorders and associated pharmacotherapies to give context for how drugs work.
- Extensively updated content, including a new chapter on Pharmacogenomics
- Updated commonly used and comprehensive drug tables
- Cases to open each chapter, along with questions for discussion
- Pronunciations for difficult terms or words such as disease names
- Figures and illustrations of essential concepts
- Alerts that point out areas of potential dangers or errors, including look-alike/sound-alike drugs
- Practice points, including mention of any FDA-required patient medication guides, and any “special” drug storage and dispensing considerations, including beyond-use dating of open multi-use products
The book’s content is written to meet ASHP accreditation standards and therefore is one of the most comprehensive books on the market related to pharmacology for technicians.