An accessible and practical overview of the research process–all in one convenient, easy-to-use guide.
The Essential Guide to Pharmacy Residency Research provides pharmacy students, residents, and practitioners with an accessible and practical overview of how to conduct research, empowering them with the self-assurance necessary to initiate and navigate a research project.
After reading this book, one will understand that it is entirely possible to complete a high-quality research project within the timeframe allotted during a one-year residency.
Written by Yardlee S. Kauffman, PharmD, MPH, BCACP, CPH and Daniel M. Witt, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, this book is designed to walk readers through the natural progression of a research project and can be especially helpful for those who don’t know where to begin. Along with expert advice from the authors, former pharmacy residents offer first-hand anecdotes that describe their early research experiences.
- Developing a research question
- Selecting a study design
- Submitting an Institutional Review Board protocol
- Designing data collection tools
- Identifying appropriate statistical tests
- Interpreting biostatistics
- Exploring qualitative research methods
- Selecting survey methods
- Evaluating pharmacoeconomic analyses
- Presenting and publishing research