Back to Letters from Leaders in Pharmacy: Advice from Pharmacy Leadership Academy Graduates, Faculty, and Mentors
The inspiring journeys of 31 pharmacy leaders who have completed or been involved with the Pharmacy Leadership Academy— an online, year-long, rigorous program with a comprehensive curriculum designed to enhance the leadership competence of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce.
Through their letters, the authors provide valuable leadership learnings and advice on topics such as:
- Integrating career and life goals
- Embracing vulnerability
- Developing trust within your team
- Leading with integrity and compassion
- Defining and living by your leadership values
- Setting an example as a leader when dealing with crises
- Recognizing the value of involvement in professional organizational leadership
These letters will also allow you to benefit from others’ leadership journeys and lessons learned including:
- In the pharmacy content, learning the meaning of leadership and what success looks like.
- Realizing the value of being nimble and the importance of organizational culture and design.
- Being in leadership for the right reasons.
- Learning that empowering your staff entails understanding how the work gets done.
- Believing in yourself.
- Appreciating the value of mentors.
- Observing other leaders and learning from what works and what doesn’t work.
- And many more