Back to Letters from Leaders in Pharmacy: Advice from Pharmacy Leadership Academy Graduates, Faculty, and Mentors
The latest in ASHP’s Letters series, Letters from Leaders in Pharmacy shares the inspiring journeys of 31 pharmacy leaders who have completed or been involved with the Pharmacy Leadership Academy— an online, year-long, rigorous program with a comprehensive curriculum designed to enhance the leadership competence of pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce.
Through their letters, the authors provide valuable leadership learnings and advice on topics such as:
- Integrating career and life goals
- Embracing vulnerability
- Developing trust within your team
- Leading with integrity and compassion
- Defining and living by your leadership values
- Setting an example as a leader when dealing with crises
- Recognizing the value of involvement in professional organizational leadership
These letters will also allow you to benefit from others’ leadership journeys and lessons learned including:
- In the pharmacy content, learning the meaning of leadership and what success looks like.
- Realizing the value of being nimble and the importance of organizational culture and design.
- Being in leadership for the right reasons.
- Learning that empowering your staff entails understanding how the work gets done.
- Believing in yourself.
- Appreciating the value of mentors.
- Observing other leaders and learning from what works and what doesn’t work.
- And many more