Back to Medication Safety: A Guide for Healthcare Facilities
Medication safety is the most challenging goal for pharmacy practice and patient safety professionals in all health care facilities. This book serves as an essential reference guide for planning and implementing a medication safety program. Written by nationally-recognized experts, Medication Safety: A Guide for Health Care Facilities provides a comprehensive analysis of principles and practices associated with the prevention and identification of medication errors, as well as interdisciplinary, facility-wide recommendations for achieving medication safety in all settings.
This book is divided into four sections so users can easily find the information they need: the Importance of Medication Safety, the Medication Safety Team, Building a Safe Medication Use System, and Measuring Medication Safety.
Chapters include information on:
- Business and financial justification for patient safety
- Best practices and scientific evidence
- Internal reporting and education
- Leadership in patient safety
- Medication safety in clinical trials
- Medication safety assessment tools
- The role of the pharmacist in medication safety
- Safe use of technology in medication safety
- Poison centers
- Use of drug information resources