The New, Expanded Sixth Edition of Clinical Pharmacokinetics
In the evolving practice of pharmacokinetics (PK), it is important to keep on top of the latest advances. John E. Murphy, Pharm.D., FASHP, FCCP, a well-known leader in the field of clinical pharmacokinetics, has updated and expanded his widely used textbook and reference.
Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Sixth Edition, includes the most current information, covering issues such as rational use of drug concentration measurements, changes in dosing obese patients, and considerations for a wider variety of drugs for special populations. There is also a new chapter focused on pharmacogenomics and its impact on pharmacokinetic parameters, as well as discussion of pharmacogenomics throughout the book.
Everything You Need to Know About PK Today
- Drugs, dosing, and therapeutic monitoring
- Drug concentration measurements
- New chapter on the impact of pharmacogenomics
- Neonatal, pediatric, obese, and geriatric dosing
- Dosing in renal disease and creatinine clearance estimation
- Drugs sorted by family and as single drugs
Written in a straightforward style, with numerous charts and lists, the sixth edition makes complicated dosing and monitoring information easy to find and understand. Whether you are a student or practitioner, it is a resource you will turn to for reliable guidance throughout your pharmacy career.