Back to The Sterile Compounding Answer Book: A Guide to Contemporary Best Practices
The Sterile Compounding Answer Book: A Guide to Contemporary Best Practices provides expert guidance and a balance of both formal requirements of USP Chapter <797> and practical advice to ensure best practices. The book follows a sterile product from receipt to preparation in a healthcare facility, addressing core elements of the USP chapter. The Q&A approach provides a comprehensive overview and explanation of the requirements of USP Chapter<797> and specific guidance for sterile compounding.
Key discussion areas of the book include:
- Quality-of-practice standards for sterile compounding issued by USP
- Guidelines, procedures, and compliance requirements for compounding sterile preparations
- Work practices to meet requirements and best practices
- Personnel training and core competencies, including suggested approaches for documenting competency
- Requirements for a sterile compounding suite, segregated compounding areas, and areas used for compounding radiopharmaceuticals and allergen extracts
- Approach to assigning beyond-use dates
Note: The print edition of The Sterile Compounding Answer Book is based on the current USP guidelines, but will not reflect any forthcoming updates. However, we will continue to update the eBook content as needed through the conclusion of the USP appeals process. To ensure you receive all future updates, please purchase the eBook.