The Chapter <797> Answer Book, 2nd Edition provides expert guidance and practical advice to pharmacists, technicians and other health professionals involved in sterile compounding.
The book follows a sterile product from receipt to preparation in a healthcare facility, addressing core elements of the revised USP chapter, to answer major questions healthcare systems may have when implementing the new standards.
Key discussion areas of the book include:
- Overview of the major changes between 2008 version of USP <797> and 2023 revision
- Guidelines, procedures, and compliance requirements for compounding sterile preparations
- Work practices to meet requirements and best practices
- Personnel training and core competencies, including suggested approaches for documenting competency
- Requirements for a cleanroom suite, segregated compounding areas, storage areas and areas used for compounding hazardous drugs
- Approach to assigning beyond-use dates