Back to Pediatric Injectable Drugs (The Teddy Bear Book), 12th Edition
Named a Doody's Core Title in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023!
Pediatric Injectable Drugs, also known as “The Teddy Bear Book,” is one of ASHP's most recognized and trusted resources dedicated to providing guidance on the use of injectable medications in children.
For more than 20 years, pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and other health professionals have relied on The Teddy Bear Book to provide the most comprehensive research-based information on administering injectable medications to children.
The 12th Edition features more than 4,800 references for 273 updated monographs (including 7 monographs that are new to this edition) that, like previous editions, cover the following areas:
- Medication error potential
- Infusion-related cautions
- Dosages and dose adjustment in organ dysfunction
- Additives and suitable diluents
- Maximum concentrations
- Preparation and delivery
- Bolus, intermittent, and continuous IV administration
- Other routes of administration
New monographs include:
- Cytomegalovirus immunoglobulin
- Ferric derisomaltose
- Varicella zoster immune globulin
New Features Added to All Monographs:
- Expanded monograph layout
- Enhanced safety information including ASHP’s Standardize 4 Safety concentration standards, and The KIDs List
- AHFS Pharmacologic-Therapeutic Classification specific category identification
"This is the gold standard for information on all aspects of intravenous medication administration in neonates, infants, children and adolescents. A copy of this book should be available in every pediatric patient care unit.”
(Ina Lee Calligaro, PharmD, Doody's Review Service)