The essential sterile compounding reference every pharmacist needs—now with important updates. From its inception, this reference has served as both a professional reference guide for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and a student textbook covering the regulation, technique, and quality assurance of compounding sterile preparations.
The fifth edition of Compounding Sterile Preparations by Ryan A. Forrey, Lindsey B. Amerine and Angela W. Yaniv reflects the latest advancements in the field, providing you with an indispensable resource to navigate the complex landscape of sterile compounding.
New in this Edition
- Updated Standards: All chapters have undergone extensive revisions to align with the most recent literature and the revised USP <797> standards.
- USP Chapter <825>: Now includes information on radiopharmaceutical compounding in USP Chapter <825>.
- Expanded Knowledge Base: Two brand-new chapters covering;
- Allergenic Extracts
- Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) Plans
- Enhanced Content: Several chapters have been expanded to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of critical topics:
- Establishing Beyond Use Dates
- Receipt, Storage, Movement and Disposal of Compounded Sterile Preparation Components and Finished Preparations in the Pharmacy
- Secondary Engineering Controls and Cleanroom Design
- Point of Care Compounding and Preparation for Administration
- Biologicals, Biosimilars, and Vaccines
- Handling and Compounding of Hazardous Drugs