A Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Precepting Students and Residents
The first guide of its kind, The Effective Pharmacy Preceptor is written for busy preceptors who train students and residents, sometimes in mixed groups, in a wide variety of practice settings. It focuses on the real-world situations that today’s pharmacists face.
Written by Mate M. Soric, PharmD, BCPS; Stacey R. Schneider, PharmD; and S. Scott Wisneski, PharmD, this book is designed for the evolving roles of new pharmacists and can be especially helpful for preceptors who want to develop their own rotations.
A valuable resource for preceptors, experiential coordinators, and residency program directors, The Effective Pharmacy Preceptor is written and formatted for quick easy reference.
- Organized by timeline and tasks associated with a student or resident’s experience
- Case Studies with real-life scenarios help in planning for unforeseen events
- Case Questions promote critical thinking
- Quick Tips offer precepting pearls
- Comprehensive coverage includes advanced topics such as layered learning, expanding experiential learning, and preceptor assessment
- A Suggested Reading List offers additional resources
Now, new and seasoned preceptors alike can get practical, real-world advice not only for providing optimal learning experiences to their students and residents, but for enhancing their own teaching skills as well.